In my 8th yr of age ,my class teacher would question us about our future aim.I had no doubt I wanted to be a doctor. At the tender age I was told doctor is highly respected job .My uncle was a doctor .My dad was a medical student drop out due to his ill health.Later he decided to study Bio.Chemistry even though that was not his cup of tea..! Right from my childhood..my dad use to tell me abt his high grades in school and was school topper..How he missed his medicine seat ! My mum used to tell me to strive hard to be a doctor fulfil his dreams..! I use to tell her I WILL do medicine..!! I was sown the desire seed of becoming a doctor.
Years rolled on the aim was still fresh as it used to be a decade ago ..! I found that I was a mediocre student.Later hearing all the success stories.I felt intelligence can be over taken by hard work. I know i’m a hardworker when coming on to studies. I was striving to reach my goal and call myself as Dr.Krispy M.B.B.S ,! Wow..!
Final marks came in I had marks just to get into Physio and not even Dental ! Meanwhile two of my cousins were in medical school doing the 1st yr and 3 rd yr respectively and other one in Dental school. Sat for one more year to do my schooling but unfortunately I had to take up Physio. But I swear I enjoyed studying the course. Loved each and every part of the subject. Finally I decided this is for me ..! My parents were highly dismayed but were content atleast i’m into health profession..!!
After 9 years of Physiotherapy practise my mind still rambles about the Doctor, medical school,Dr prefix, Surgery etc., Tii date I’d have had at least half a dozen of dreams about me joining in medical school as a mature student..! But i know..again its a long way to go and have loads of responsibilities . I have to be happy and content with what i practise now .
Now I have a lovely daughter 15 th months old..! will narrate my tantalising dreams..! Just to see if she can fulfil my dad’s and my dream..!! If she is least bothered about medicine..I’m happy and let her go in her way..!!
Nuggets from the past
I’m in my native place for a vacation .I happened to clean my old book shelf..! Down fell my 2nd year university diary 2000. There slipped few papers..! was wondering what could it be..! It was my writings in my favourite black ink pen..!! Which was as follows..!
"There is something running deep in my mind.Ya I can say like a wave rushing upon the stones in a sea shore.Lord I write to you after getting my 2nd yr mark sheet. I’m not here to cry for my low marks but for the fact I passed in all the subject. I have successfully crossed half the brdge..!
Yes,there is a lot of things to be done in this world,lots of duties still I have 2 more years to complete and decide about my post graudate studies. God,I hope you know my mentality..what was my aim 4 years back...! Yes...white coat,stethoscope,medical college and finally Dr, prefix..!! But now that half of my dreams has come true..white coat,stethoscope,physiotherapy college and no Dr.prefix.
Anything and everything runs according to His plan.I have still two years of my course and later on my internship.I still have time to decide about my future and my PG in my course. I too have few people who would help me in my decision. Lets start learning now and Its not too late to be done. ALL THE BEST to myself..!!”
Neither my former dream as a doctor is fulfilled nor my latter aim as a to study PG in a specialised area is fulfilled..! I have been working more than half a decade.And now I’m with my little daughter playing around with her..! Hoping my little daughter would fulfil my former dream and I will fulfil my latter dream..! Fingers crossed..!!
No comments:
Post a Comment