Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Volunteer Job..in this jobless world


In a frustrated and jobless world I had to quit my physio job after my birth of my little daughter.As I was working far away from my city leaving my home and husband,which I can’t even imagine after her birth, But I was very keen in keeping in touch with the subject.

Thankfully,I started to work as a voluntary Physiotherapist in a reputed rehabilitation center. I was working after my husband’s work hrs. so that he can take care of my little one.My work hours were roughly between 4 to 7.

I was with a very sweet, intelligent and down to earth Senior Physiotherapist Ms.MM,who is well qualified in Adult Neurology. I was a with a small Rehab team with a Speech therapist Ms.F,an Occ.Therapist Ms.D, a social worker Ms V a Psychologist Ms.R and a Paediatrician Dr.W.

She was very talented and above all workaholic wonder if I ever can work like her round the clock. It’s almost a year since I joined there as a voluntary Physio. It has become like a second home for me. I loved working with them wide range from babies to adult patients.(even thought my heart lies in Paediatrics neurology)

I loved the place znd I even planned to work as a volunteer in the place even before I got a my prior paid job in a distant place. The happiest thing is that this place is very much near to my home and his work place,(unlike my prior job)

However currently my aim is just to gain knowledge in my field no matter what!!! Now I’m in my native land on bed rest after my unexpected and inevitable surgery.I miss working there. I’m quite sure my team would miss me too (though..I’m a volunteer)




No comments:

Post a Comment