It was the most worse days of my life..Hoping that more worst will never hit my life..! Fingers crossed..!!! I was admitted in hospital for severe stomach ache with unknown reason..! Finally the cure was given after long hours of waiting..!
After the treatment I was wheeled into the ward 4 .(While on my way..thoughts slammed my mind...!! I have never been to hospital for any treatment from my birth..!! I have been to hospital only to work as Physiotherapist) I was told that i have to spend my New year eve, new year and the next day in hospital..!
The ward looked much smaller unlike my previous ward. There was a telly which was screaming Happy New 2012..!! My bed was between two old ladies. One on the right side should be around 80s and on the left side of my bed was in her 60s but she looked much older than her age though...!
I was upset and never gave a word to other 2 ladies..and it was New year eve and I was’nt able to even smell the spirit of New years eve due to my ill health..!!
Mrs.80
was very happy and fun loving lady with full vigour..! She kept herself busy talking to all the other ward patients and Mrs.60 too..!! She reminded me of my nanny who passed away 4 years back who was in the same vigour till she breathed her last..!!
Mrs.60
was bit calm and was indulged in two things TV and Cigarette ..! Ironically she was admitted for her asthma..!!!
Well this blog is about Mrs.80. I was in a gloomy mood right from the time I was transferred to the bed ..! Mrs.80 was wished me Happy New year..! I reciprocated back with the same jocund way..! She was talking about Mrs. Brown's boys which happened to her favourite drama telecasted around half past 10...! So she was requesting me and Mrs.60 to join her to watch the hilarious drama..! Mean while she was asking about my family and my place..!! she sensed that I was depressed about my health.!
She was consoling me to be happy and bold and not to worry as I’m too young to worry about my health..!! It seemed like one way conversation..I just answered to her question in one word..!!
Mean while the clock ticked 10.30 and we were all ready to watch the drama..! Suddenly I could see myself transiting from gloomy phase to merryful phase..!! Later we all watched new year eve program and half way i dozed off..!! Suddenly i heard the 2 oldies wishing me Happy New yr again and the time was 12.01 the year 2012..! OMG....I’m in hospital away from my family and friends..!
Woke up in the New year and had my food. Doctor came on rounds..! Mrs.80 overheard the conversation by my dr.( But never mind..!) he sensed that I was in deep depression.She was again pacifying me and I was fine..! Now its my turn ..! We both had an interesting chat..! I Found that she was a retired Nurse who worked in Wales two decades ago..! !
I was telling her that she resembled my nanny..! ! She gave a wide smile..! ! Hours later after long chat I felt time just zoomed off.. ! She was telling her work experience,her love life and her familyand two great grand childrens.!.Finally it was 2nd Jan..! We both were waiting for the discharge on the same day..! !
While strolling out of the ward 4 to exit ..! My mind was just pondering how this Octogenarian influenced my stay in hospital and made my stay a memorable and a joyful one..! It reminds me of a a saying “ Nobody is born happy but every one is born with
ability to create happiness”
Well this blog is about Mrs.80. I was in a gloomy mood right from the time I was transferred to the bed ..! Mrs.80 was wished me Happy New year..! I reciprocated back with the same jocund way..! She was talking about Mrs. Brown's boys which happened to her favourite drama telecasted around half past 10...! So she was requesting me and Mrs.60 to join her to watch the hilarious drama..! Mean while she was asking about my family and my place..!! she sensed that I was depressed about my health.!
She was consoling me to be happy and bold and not to worry as I’m too young to worry about my health..!! It seemed like one way conversation..I just answered to her question in one word..!!
Mean while the clock ticked 10.30 and we were all ready to watch the drama..! Suddenly I could see myself transiting from gloomy phase to merryful phase..!! Later we all watched new year eve program and half way i dozed off..!! Suddenly i heard the 2 oldies wishing me Happy New yr again and the time was 12.01 the year 2012..! OMG....I’m in hospital away from my family and friends..!
Woke up in the New year and had my food. Doctor came on rounds..! Mrs.80 overheard the conversation by my dr.( But never mind..!) he sensed that I was in deep depression.She was again pacifying me and I was fine..! Now its my turn ..! We both had an interesting chat..! I Found that she was a retired Nurse who worked in Wales two decades ago..! !
I was telling her that she resembled my nanny..! ! She gave a wide smile..! ! Hours later after long chat I felt time just zoomed off.. ! She was telling her work experience,her love life and her familyand two great grand childrens.!.Finally it was 2nd Jan..! We both were waiting for the discharge on the same day..! !
While strolling out of the ward 4 to exit ..! My mind was just pondering how this Octogenarian influenced my stay in hospital and made my stay a memorable and a joyful one..! It reminds me of a a saying “ Nobody is born happy but every one is born with
ability to create happiness”
No comments:
Post a Comment